Saturday, September 22, 2012

WW2`s Polikarpov I-16 Aircraft In 1/48 Scale - by Modele Kartonowe


Photobucket

The Polikarpov I-16 was a Soviet fighter aircraft of revolutionary design; it was the world's first low-wing cantilever monoplane fighter with retractable landing gear to have attained operational status and as such "introduced a new vogue in fighter design." The I-16 was introduced in the mid-1930s and formed the backbone of the Soviet Air Force at the beginning of World War II. The diminutive fighter, nicknamed "Ishak" ("donkey") by Soviet pilots, prominently featured in the Second Sino-Japanese War, the Battle of Khalkhin Gol and the Spanish Civil War — where it was called the Rata ("rat") by the Nationalists or Mosca ("fly") by the Republicans. The Finnish nickname for I-16 was Siipiorava ("Flying Squirrel"). - Wikipedia

Photobucket

O caça Polikarpov I-16 é uma versão monoplano do biplano soviético I-15 «Tchaika» que foi desenvolvida quase paralelamente. O Polikarpov I-16 foi uma aeronave revolucionária para o seu tempo e foi um dos primeiros monoplanos com trem de aterrissagem retrátil a entrar em operação.

Photobucket


Link: WW2`s.Polikarpov.I-16.Aircraft.Paper.Model.by.Modele.Kartonowe


More WW2 Aircraft and Planes related posts:

WW2`s Lavochkin La-7 Soviet Aircraft - by Stahlhart

WW2`s Messerschmitt Bf 109 Aircraft - by Gahm Deds

WW2`s Blohm Und Voss P.212. - German Prototype Aircraft - by Eric Son

WW2 Easy-To-Build Airplanes That Actually Fly - by Kamino-Ana - Aviões Da Segunda Guerra

No comments:

Post a Comment