Thursday, October 28, 2021

Panzerkampffahrzeug PKF3B LRK60L64 Paper Model In Chibi Style
by Red Ushanka

Michael Dik, aka Red Uschanka, is a friend designer and modeler from Germany who creates very original paper models. Red did me the honor of presenting his work here on the blog and I asked him to write a few lines talking about his creative process. He then kindly sent me the text below: 

"Hello, this is Red and these tanks actually have rather deep lore. When bored, I like to draw fictional tanks and with the interest of making paper models I was able to make realistic models. I spent many times in my sketchbook drawing concepts, placing crew members, view ports, engines and transmission. 

Then I drew their templates directly on paper and built the models. Then I started to use Libre CAD for making paper templates an this was the point where I decided to make cute (also known as cartoon, SD or chibi styles) versions of the vehicles. Panzerkampffahrzeug 3B Langrohrkanone 60 Länge 64 (PKF3B LRK60L64) was the first one of it's kind and is still a model I am very proud of. 

It's supposed to be a medium tank made in a times of peace, made to defend their nation from invaders, while the tanks after him where constructed in an emergency. After painting the model in Photoshop and building him, he sits very close to me and keeps me motivated because he demonstrates me that I am capable of making quality models. 

I can say that there are more then one of them around the world and it's great to know that someone loved him so much that they went through the effort of building him."

Michael Dik, aka Red Uschanka, is a friend designer and modeler from Germany que cria modelos de papel bem originais. Red me deu a honra de apresentar seu trabalho aqui no blog e eu pedi que ele escrevesse algumas linhas falando sobre seu processo criativo. Ele então gentilmente enviou-me o texto abaixo: 

"Olá, aqui é o Red e esses tanques têm uma tradição bastante profunda. Quando entediado, gosto de desenhar tanques fictíciose, com o intenção de fazer modelos de papel, consegui fazer modelos realistas. Passei muito tempo com meu caderno de esboços desenhando conceitos, posicionando membros da tripulação, portas de visão, motores e transmissão. 

Em seguida, desenhava meus modelos diretamente no papel e então os montava. Depois comecei a usar o progrma Libre CAD para fazer modelos de papel e foi aí que decidi fazer versões engraçadas (conhecidos como estilos cartoon, SD ou chibi) dos veículos. Panzerkampffahrzeug 3B Langrohrkanone 60 Länge 64 (PKF3B LRK60L64) foi o primeiro de seu tipo e ainda é um modelo do qual me orgulho muito. 

É suposto ser um tanque médio feito em tempos de paz, feito para defender sua nação de invasores, enquanto os tanques depois dele foram construídos em uma emergência. Depois de pintar o modelo no Photoshop e montá-lo, o mantenho bem perto de mim para me motivar, porque me mostra que sou capaz de fazer modelos de qualidade. 

Posso dizer que há mais de um deles montado ao redor do mundo e é ótimo saber que alguém o amou tanto que se esforçou para construí-lo."


Link to sheet 01:
Panzerkampffahrzeug.PKF3B.LRK60L64.In.Chibi.Style.by.Red.Ushanka.Sheet.01



No comments:

Post a Comment